Types of dental Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and onlays can be made of porcelain, gold.
- Porcelain and glass mimics the tooth enamel's translucency and color. Therefore it makes teeth look more attractive and natural.
- Gold alloy possess greater durability.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
- They increase the strength of a tooth with respect to fillings.
- Alternatives to a crown when teeth damage is not extensive.
- Porcelain inlays/onlays/overlays do not change color over time.
- Gives better esthetic appearance compared amalgam fillings.
Care for Tooth Inlays and Onlays
- Brush at least twice a day. It is good practice to brush after eating and before bedtime.
- Floss at least once to twice a day.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse and do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes
- Be careful about chewing toffees, gum, grainy rolls and tough food in this area
- See the dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings